Arrow Slocan Tourism is a marketing partnership between the Regional District Central Kootenay Areas H and K and the included villages of Nakusp, New Denver, Silverton and Slocan. By working together under the banner of Arrow Slocan Tourism, our communities seek to together elevate the region as a whole, promoting it to potential visitors.
Get in touch. We can support your business to better connect with visitors planning a trip.
- Get listed in our website’s business directory. Check out the categories: ‘Where to Stay’, ‘Where to Eat’, ‘Made Here’.
- Get listed under the website’s ‘Book a Trip’ section – this is one of the website’s most viewed pages!
- Let us help you promote your upcoming event.
- We love to share your content on our social media – tag @visitarrowslocan on Facebook and Instagram.
- Does your business need some extra support? Let us help connect you with those resources.
- Be involved in our advertising and marketing campaigns that promote the region and our tourism sectors.
Support for Stakeholders
ASTA actively markets the region through social media and shares “know before you go” messaging with current and prospective travellers. Through these various channels, we’re able to encourage travellers to consider activities and tours, to travel with safety in mind, and to visit new areas that are ready to welcome them.
ASTA’s social media channels are powered by user-generated content; we look at what businesses, residents and travellers are currently posting and request permission to share these images. This means we’re always on the lookout for images and videos that will help us meet the mission of encouraging responsible travel. As a business, you can help support the tourism industry in your area and help us amplify the offerings you have for the guests.
Please download and refer to our Social Media Amplification Toolkit to understand what we look for in user-generated content and also to help guide you on how best to amplify your social media content.
Are you organizing an event that will attract visitors to our region? Reach out to see if we can support with one time event sponsorship.
Benefits that Arrow Slocan Tourism now provides to tourism associated businesses in collaboration with regional Chambers:
- A business listing under the relevant section of arrowslocan.com – where to eat, stay, or ‘made here’.
- Opportunity to have a link out and mention of the member’s business in the ‘Local Stories’ and ‘Experiences’ section of the Arrow Slocan website.
- Free event posting in the Arrow Slocan calendar.
- Voting rights at Arrow Slocan Tourism’s AGM – after completing an application for a free ‘voting membership’.
- Opportunity for voting members to apply for Board seats.
- Participation in regional marketing campaigns and media tours that directly benefit participating businesses.
- Access to imagery acquired / created to help promote tourism businesses.
Every Chamber member, regardless of connection to the tourism industry will have the opportunity to receive:
- Periodical newsletters to share news and updates.
- Discounted advertising in the Arrow Slocan Tourism Regional Guide.
- Host regional guidebooks, maps and other print materials in their business for distribution to clientele.